Prairie Oaks Professional Building
4660 Slater Road, 245-A
Eagan, MN 55122
For map and driving directions
Call or text me at 651-882-6234 or send an email using the contact form. I offer a free telephone consultation for all sevices. Simply call and speak with me directly or leave a message with your number and a convenient time for calling, and I will call you back as soon as possible.
To schedule an appointment, call 651-882-6234. If you do call, it is very likely that I will be in session, so leave me a message so that I can get back to you. People often send questions by email, but these are much easier to answer via the phone, so please provide your telephone number. My email address is email@example.com.
The number of sessions and cost will depend on whether you are seeking individual counseling, couple's counseling, family work, or play therapy. This can be discussed on the phone when you call. Sessions are usually set up once a week, and limited evening and week-end appointments are available.
Once a date and time are set, I will email (or mail if you prefer) the set of intake forms I use. I will ask you to complete these forms and bring them to your first session.
Payment for sessions is expected at the end of each session - unless you've decided to take advantage of a discount for advance payment. In that case, payment for a set number of sessions would be made at the end of your first session. Payment can be made by cash, check, or credit card (Visa or Mastercard). If you request a final statement of fees and payments, I will prepare that for you.
Although I don't accept insurance, many of my clients have found that they can pay for services with New Family Beginnings through a Health Savings Account (HSA), Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA), or Flexible Spending Account (FSA) offered by their employers. Generally speaking, these types of accounts allow you to pay for qualified medical and dental expenses with pre-tax dollars, saving you money and helping you build up funds for just these types of expenses. If you think therapy may be covered by your HSA/HRA/FSA plan, check with your plan administrator for confirmation.
Why I don’t take insurance
- Paying "out of pocket" is the best way to ensure the complete confidentiality of your mental health and related personal information.
- Managed care will often literally "manage your care" - by limiting the number of sessions it will pay for based on a formula that often does not take into consideration your unique circumstances.
- Managed care will also "manage your care" by dictating the type of treatment approach that should be used, even if you are seeking something else (e.g., hypnosis for the treatment of enuresis in children, while shown to be effective would not likely be accepted by insurance).
- I have found that clients who pay out of pocket become invested in the process - they work hard to achieve their goals, making the process of therapy more effective and often more efficient.
- Paying cash decreases the time both you and I have to spend completing paperwork.
About Kalli Matsuhashi
Kalli is licensed by the state of Minnesota as a psychologist, marriage and family therapist, and professional clinical counselor. She received her master's degree in counseling and psychological services from Saint Mary's University of Minnesota. She completed a post-master's certificate program in marriage and family therapy also at St. Mary's University, and completed the Narrative Therapy Certificate Program at the Kenwood Therapy Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Kalli is also certified in the use of hypnosis by the Banyan Center for Hypnosis Training and Services. She received training through the Banyan Center as well as through the American Society for Clinical Hypnosis (ASCH). Kalli has received advanced training in the Gottman Method for Couples Therapy with Drs. John and Julie Gottman in Seattle, Washington in 2006. She has received training in play therapy through the Association for Play Therapy (APT), Saint Mary's University, the University of North Texas, and the Family Enhancement & Play Therapy Center in Pennsylvania. Kalli has also done advanced training in Narrative Therapy, at the Kenwood Center in Minneapolis as well as the Narrative Therapy Institute in Toronto, Canada.
Minnesota Psychological Association (MPA)
Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC)